Welcome!!

Welcome to Bays United Fury U14 Gold Boys' Blog, your one stop site where you can find out who we are, how we are doing and what our soccer is bringing us.

Fury is a U14 Gold soccer team comprised of boys from Victoria. Our division is comprised of 5 other teams whose talents differ but whose desire to succeed in our league is unquestionable.

Join us and follow our blog as we take on the best in our division and strive to win the title of Divisional Gold Champions for the 2012-2013 Season ~ Let's go!

Friday, January 25, 2013

Bays United Fury 6 - Lakehill 0

After having a tough time scoring during the game before this past weekend, our team found its way in front of the net again. Despite having no substitutes, the boys showed resilience, determination and a better sense on how to react when before the goal. Yes, we did have several break aways that should have been goals. Despite that, I thought the boys were better at fighting for the ball, maintaining possession and being incisive.

At the back, Aaron held his ground well and our rock solid defenders Tyler, Pierce, Jonathan and Marcel kept it under control. There is no question that when it comes to maintaining control, our defenders are amongst the best in this division. But don't get me wrong, I was happy to see everyone raise their game and fight hard for the team especially with no subs on the bench,. In particular, I wanted to make mention of the following players:
  • Ben: you took on the role in midfield role extremely well. You fought hard for every ball and moved well. I was so happy to see you working hard ~ you certainly impressed me.
  • Thomas: your goals were well taken and I truly believe that if you continue to move quickly into the spaces you need to exploit, you are going to amaze yourself. You amazed me.
  • Mathew: playing in the midfield is tough ~ back and forth, left and right, knowing when to go attacke and when to come back and defend. Although you did seem a bit lost at first, I thought your second half was phenomenal. You were so intelligent, it made the team so much better. It was clear you calmed down. You even scored ~ Atta boy!
  • Hamish: you confirmed two things for me: one was that at front a player should not only worry about scoring but also about assisting. But for me, the best thing was seeing you score as a left back defender. You proved me right buddy! I hope this serves as an incentive for our full backs to follow the example. Well done!
  • Finn: You have skill but what I like the most about you is that you never argue or contradict instructions. You stayed wide, you came back to defend and you scored at the end too. Well done Finn ~ great job.
I must admit that all the boys played really well. The notes above are meant to serve as an incentive not a measure of what others did during the games.

Alright, Gorge awaits us ~ let's be ready.

See you Saturday!

Roberto

No comments:

Post a Comment